Sunday, August 8, 2010

Clunk Slide, Clunk Slide (Monotetra)





















I can hear you, clunk-slide, clunk-slide,
What do you want, my whispered cry,
Oh, leave this house you devil's bride,
Show yourself please, why do you hide.

Why have you come to me, you fiend,
Why don't you let yourself be seen?
Are you a monster colored green,
Or an enthralling old drag queen?

Have you come to collect my sins,
For things that I did way back when?
You are too late, too late my friend,
I'm not the same as I have been.

If you're here for my soul, please go,
I've forgiven myself, you know,
All those wild oats that I did sow,
So go away, stop! I said whoa.

Why do you not in me confide
If only to comfort my pride,
And please if you will, halt your stride,
As you clunk-slide, as you clunk-slide,

©August 8, 2010 / Jerry Pat Bolton

No comments:

Post a Comment